PCOM/Tower of Hope 5 K Walk
On November 14, 2009, the Tower of Hope held a fundraiser organized by Lauren and Mary, two students enrolled at the Pennsylvania College of Osteopathic Medicine. These young women enlisted a host of volunteers to register participants and encourage sponsorship for a 5 kilometer walk. The weather cooperated to make this event, the first Tower of Hope event involving college students, remarkably successful. Over $10,000 was raised to help fund a badly needed service dog for a deserving veteran wounded in combat in the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, to defend of our way of life. On hand, Tower of Hope founders Cathy Carilli and Mark Fillipkowski were joined by friends Bob and Heidi McCrossan whose company, Hi Tech Data Floors, was a major sponsor of the event.
- Lauren and Mary and volunteers
- Registration with the TTOH Founders
- Gathering for the start of the walk
- Several participants along the way
- More participants help fundraise for veterans
- There's always time for a photo op
- Proudly displaying the PCOM/TTOH banner
- ... Lauren and Mary did an incredible job organizing
We would sincerely like to thank the following companies who helped sponsor the event by donating goods and services to assure our success:
-The Couch Tomato
-Delancey's St. Bagels
-L'Etoile Salon & Spa
-La Columbe Panini
Special Thanks to Mad River in Manayunk for hosting the fabulous after-party!